Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Where do I change the communication settings on my Dell Computer?

I need to make sure my serial communication setting is 8N1 on my Dell computer. I tried looking in BIOS, no luck.Where do I change the communication settings on my Dell Computer?Hello Paul,



try the following solution - hope it works:



Microsoft庐 Windows庐 Operating Systems

1 Click Start鈫扨rograms鈫扐ccessories鈫扖ommunication鈥?to

run HyperTerminal.

If HyperTerminal is not installed, click Control Panel鈫扐dd/Remove

Programs鈫扐dd/Remove Windows Components, find HyperTerminal and

click the check-box, then click Apply and OK.

NOTE: The original Windows installation disk may be needed to install

HyperTerminal.

NOTE: If you are running Windows Vista庐 or Windows Server庐 2008,

HyperTerminal is not included in the operating system. To complete these steps, a

third-party terminal emulation program is required.

March 2009

2 When HyperTerminal prompts for a name, type MD3000 or MD3000i and

click OK. Select the COM1 port and click OK.

3 Set the following communication settings, click Apply, then click OK.

Bits per second: 115200

Data bits: 8

Parity: none

Stop bits: 1

Flow control: none

No comments:

Post a Comment