Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can the windows 7 CD that dell gives you when you buy laptop be used to install windows on a different pc?

I have dell's inspiron desktop with windows vista. I recently bought dell studio xps 16 laptop with windows 7. It comes with the windows 7 OS CD for re-installing the OS if needed.

I was wondering if I can install windows 7 on my desktop too? I have the product key printed beneath my laptop.Can the windows 7 CD that dell gives you when you buy laptop be used to install windows on a different pc?No, it would not activate any way. One pc per key.Can the windows 7 CD that dell gives you when you buy laptop be used to install windows on a different pc?As long as it is a Dell computer with the same version of Windows, yes. Otherwise, no.Can the windows 7 CD that dell gives you when you buy laptop be used to install windows on a different pc?yes... but you must have the original win 7 cd.Can the windows 7 CD that dell gives you when you buy laptop be used to install windows on a different pc?
no

No comments:

Post a Comment