Sunday, February 12, 2012

How do I update the BIOS on a Dell laptop running Windows Vista?

My laptop is a Inspiron 1501 running Windows Vista 32-bit Basic Home Edition. I downloaded the update to my desktop from the Dell website, but it won't install. It gives me an error message saying that the BIOS is not flashable. Is there another way to update the BIOS? By the way, my real problem is that my pc doesn't recognize my AC adapter. I did a search and found out that updating the BIOS would fix that problem.How do I update the BIOS on a Dell laptop running Windows Vista?Your BIOS is 'flashable' go here for the download and click on 'Installation Instructions'



http://support.dell.com/support/download鈥?/a>How do I update the BIOS on a Dell laptop running Windows Vista?In many cases you need to make a boot disk, then run the program. Sometimes the download creates a boot disk. It's also possible that there is a menu item in the BIOS for an update.How do I update the BIOS on a Dell laptop running Windows Vista?1) if your BIOS is not flashable then no way to update it - you should talk to Dell on that



2) I would talk to the Dell community about if the update will really fix the problem



http://en.community.dell.com/support-for鈥?/a>How do I update the BIOS on a Dell laptop running Windows Vista?
Hi Marceloa,



This might help you: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo鈥?/a>



Good Luck!

Cassandra

Microsoft Windows Outreach
  • kayaks
  • virtual villagers 5
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment