Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is there any software available that will help my Dell Inspiron laptop pick up a wireless signal better?

I have the Dell Wireless WLAN Card with 54 Mbps speed and Windows Vista. In hotels I sometimes cannot pick up a strong enough signal to surf freely. I have no place made to attach an external antenna. Do I have any other choices without spending a fortune?Is there any software available that will help my Dell Inspiron laptop pick up a wireless signal better?If your laptop has an Ethernet port (highly likely) and you have a cell phone, there's an intriguing video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY8Wi7XRX鈥?/a> that shows a trick that might work. I haven't tried it and, frankly, am puzzled as to how connecting anything to one's Ethernet port could improve reception, but I don't think the video is a joke.Is there any software available that will help my Dell Inspiron laptop pick up a wireless signal better?No. The only other way is to get closer to the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment