Saturday, February 18, 2012

I bought a Dell notebook, when should my copy of Windows 7 ship?

I recently bought a Dell Studio notebook running Vista, but eligible for a free copy of Windows 7. I've already registered my system and placed an order; when will it likely ship? The order status says "processing."



If any of you also bought a Windows-7 eligible computer, did your Win 7 copy ship yet? Thanks.I bought a Dell notebook, when should my copy of Windows 7 ship?Noooope,

I bought mine around July 18ish

They said taht they will give out free w7 copies until jan 1 2010

I hope they will not start giving it out any later than next monthI bought a Dell notebook, when should my copy of Windows 7 ship?At least at one point, I read that the free upgrades were expected to ship within two weeks of the launch date.



I believe they're actually being handled by a centralized operation that Microsoft contracted out to.



Microsoft was able to ship in bulk to electronics type stores in advance of the release date because they know not to sell things early.



The separate operation assumably wouldn't have been able to start sending out free upgrades early, however, and they're likely looking at millions of individual, residential shipments to get out, while also needing to compile information from all the different manufacturers in a one time operation.



I'd indeed give 'em a couple weeks, and know you won't be the only person throwing a major fit if they take longer than that. They do say they update status of your order daily so you can keep checking in if you want.I bought a Dell notebook, when should my copy of Windows 7 ship?With how many people bought computers in the time span they gave it may take a little bit.



Give it another week, if there is nothing in the mail yet, then call dell, or Microsoft.I bought a Dell notebook, when should my copy of Windows 7 ship?
Do you guys really think windows 7 is as good as the hype? Or is it truly just another vista flop?



Vote here http://www.pollsup.com/is-windows-7-livi…
  • black ops zombie maps
  • christian book
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment