Saturday, February 18, 2012

I own a dell inspiron 1501 notebook and it is not functioning properly. How do I restore it to factory setting

I think i have seen "Dell splash screen" with a red bar at the bottom. I tried pushing ctrl + F11 at the same time, and nothing happened.I own a dell inspiron 1501 notebook and it is not functioning properly. How do I restore it to factory settingMost laptops will come with a recovery disk. It will restore your laptop to it's original setup from the time it shipped. This is providing that the issue is Windows and not hardware related.

Locate the CD and place it in the CD tray. Restart the laptop, and is should boot from the CD which is setup to walk you through the recovery processes. Let us know if this works.I own a dell inspiron 1501 notebook and it is not functioning properly. How do I restore it to factory settingHi there, If you have Vista installed from DELL, then you may well find the F8 process - from Dell actually works (I've tested this on a 1501 laptop). Here's the link.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?journalid=ED2AE5EE49FC11DC98AD0D55439BE9C6%26amp;docid=316056Hi



REMEMBER to back up your data first! as it will format the C: Drive in the process.

Have a nice day.

Rusty.

:-)I own a dell inspiron 1501 notebook and it is not functioning properly. How do I restore it to factory settingYou need a restore cd or a windows cd

boot from that cd format the hard drive and reinstall windows

have you tried safe mode? (F8 when booting) ?

No comments:

Post a Comment