Saturday, February 18, 2012

Why is my Dell laptop having problems with my Belkin router?

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505. It has problems connecting to the internet, but not the network, and I definitely know there isn't a problem with the laptop or the box themselves, they just have problems with each other. Does anyone know why this happens, and if there is a way to fix it?Why is my Dell laptop having problems with my Belkin router?I had a problem like this with a new Lenovo laptop. I used TCPoptimizer (freeware) to adjust my settings, in fact it worked so well I then used it on all my other PC's and got about 50% speed improvement.



The problem on the Lenovo was its MTU was set to high so the packets were fragmenting and having to be re-sent, so internet kept dropping in and out, lots more out than in.Why is my Dell laptop having problems with my Belkin router?it might be your router try unconnecting it for 5 minutes then reconnect it and connect your laptop!

if not it's more than likely the wireless range or a phone of some sort interrupting the connection range so put the wireless connection on a different wireless channel might work =s try it tell me if it works!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment