Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do I cancel my Dell order, bad situation?

On May 6th I ordered a laptop. I have decided I don't want it. I called to cancel but some Indian rep for Dell that the order is locked and there is no way to cancel. I have to wait until it is shipped and then refuse it.

Problem it is being sent to my ex-boyfriends house for his father. His father agreed to pay me for it over 6 months, but now that my boyfriend and I are broken up, I don't feel comfortable with this arrangement anymore. Can someone tell me what do do with Dell?How do I cancel my Dell order, bad situation?If you paid by credit card, you can probably cancel the order through the credit card company. They have protective systems in place for situations like this. Explain what is going on to your credit card company and they will tell you what to do.



If you paid some other way, can you at least get them to change the shipping address?



If none of this works, nicely ask to speak to the representatives manager. Keep working up the chain until you find someone who will help you. Those in higher level management positions have more flexibility with accounts and orders than the call center reps.



Good luck!How do I cancel my Dell order, bad situation?
ring them up and say "Hey, I'd like to cancel my order please". Don't get off the phone until it is cancelled.How do I cancel my Dell order, bad situation?Dispute the payment with the credit card company that you ordered the laptop with.



Call dell and cancel the order again, and one more time after that.



Change the shipment address to the address of the credit card billing.How do I cancel my Dell order, bad situation?
If you're paying for it with a credit card, just call back Dell and tell them to either bring the laptop back and refund you or you will call it fraud. If Dell does nothing, call your credit card company and tell them that the purchase is fraud and not to allow it. If it was the father who arranged things though, you would think people can still be civilized even if they broke up. Then again...How do I cancel my Dell order, bad situation?Tell the customer service representative you need to speak with a supervisor. Keep asking to speak to someone higher up until you find someone who will help you. There are guides online on how to get what you want from customer service, though I've lost the link to my favorite one.



My favorite one suggested that you remain very polite, but stay in control of the customer service call by not asking for anything. Instead, say things like, "Hello, I'm glad you're going to help me today. You're going to put me in touch with your supervisor. I'll gladly hold." and "Hello, thank you for taking my call. I'm very glad you're going to help me today. Let me explain the situation, and then we can discus what needs to be done about it . . . " They also recommend calling or getting transferred as many times as it takes to get someone who can and will help you.



Did you pay with a credit card? That offers you a layer of protection. Call your credit card company and explain the situation. They may be able to stop payment, which would certainly encourage Dell to refrain from shipping the laptop!



Good luck!How do I cancel my Dell order, bad situation?
If your in the UK then the distance selling laws (Regulations?) should give you several days after reciept to return it for a full refund, quote that at them.



Can also try with the payment method to cancel the payment.



You should be able to alter the shipping address, especially if its not the registered address of the card you used to pay for it.



If its already been shipped, then call his dad and explain, hopefully he'll be understanding and call you when its arrived and let you pick it up.



Good luck
Call DellCrap and tell them you are canceling the credit card payment, then Call and Cancel the CREDIT CARD payment. Tell the XBF's father to refuse the order from Dell as they shipped the wrong item. Dell could cancel if they wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment